Welcome. In this post, we will be seeing the complete, step-by-step procedure for TDS return filing on ITD website.
Since 1st May 2016, the Income-Tax department has provided the facility to file TDS return on the Income Tax e-filing website. (Link is provided below)
Prerequisite for TDS e-filing
Before uploading the TDS statements, keep the following points in mind:
- You must hold a valid TAN and it should be registered for e-filing
- Prepare the TDS statements using ITD-NSDL suggested software (Ex: Saral TDS)
- Prepare the File Validation Utility (FVU) for the returns file
- You should have a valid DSC registration for e-filing if you wish to upload using DSC
- You should also provide the principal contact’s bank account or Demat account. If you wish to upload using EVC, then the principal contact’s PAN and Aadhaar has to be linked.
Deductors have to note that for now only uploading of regular TDS statements (from Financial Year 2010-11 onwards) is available at the Income-Tax efiling website. All correction statements are still to be uploaded to NSDL Website.
The procedure for TDS e-filing
Now we will take a look at the different steps for TDS e-filing in the Income tax dept website.
1: Go to ITD Website and log-in to the TDS Deductor account. The user-id will be the TAN of the deductor.
2: After logging in to the account, go to Upload TDS under TDS menu.
3: Now, provide the relevant details from the drop-down and click on Validate
4: Upload of TDS statement is done in 2 ways:
- By using DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)
- Through EVC (Electronic Verification Code)
Upload using DSC:
For this, upload the TDS return zip file generated by Saral TDS after FVU validation and attach the digital signature file generated from ITD e-filing DSC Management Utility.
Upload using EVC:
If the DSC is not available, then uploading and validation of the TDS return can be done using EVC. Upload the TDS return zip file generated by Saral TDS after FVU validation and click on Click here to E-verify and then on Upload.
Next, an option is given to generate a new EVC or use the existing EVC.
Select the relevant option, enter the EVC received on the registered mobile number and click on Submit.
5: Once the TDS return is uploaded, a success message will appear on the screen and a confirmation mail will be sent to the registered email ID.
This completes our post on TDS return filing on ITD website. If you have any question, drop them in the comments section below.